Art created by applying pigment on a two-dimensional surface with a brush, knife, or hand
and/or the manipulation of digital processes with a computer
Examples include but are not limited to: Oil, acrylic, watercolor, gouache, tempera, ink, encaustic, fresco, spray paint, etc. applied on canvas, canvas board, paper, mixed media or any flat surface.
- Only one (1) project can be entered.
- The national office will provide easels.
- The contestant is required to make an oral presentation, which will not exceed three (3) minutes, explaining the methods or techniques used in developing the project.
- The contestant must be available to answer questions from the judges.
- The submission should be no larger than 36 inches by 48 inches. Framing is optional.
NOTE: The deadline for submission of national registration documents is May 15, 2020.. No materials or copies will be accepted after that time or at the National Competition.
Contestants will be judged by the following criteria:
- Color (20)
- Composition (20)
- Craft (20)
- Line/Form (20)
- Theme (20)
* A portion reprinted with permission from the Alliance for Young Artists & Writers**