A Plea to Parents & Leaders
Dear Parents, Teachers, Community & Corporate Leaders
The need for programs that challenge and encourage the academic and artistic development of African American youth must increase.
The NAACP’s ACT-SO Program was developed to enhance and showcase the academic and artistic achievement of high school students who excel in those areas just as we do their athletic achievements. Since 1978, the NAACP ACT-SO has and continues to:
- Challenge, motivate students to excel and consistently put a spotlight on their efforts and successes;
- Raise the standard of excellence and expectation among our youth by securing caring, professional volunteers fully qualified in their area of interest;
- Promote a warm, supportive, judgement free climate of academic and artistic development;
- Mobilize a passionate, caring adult and corporate community to serve as mentors and coaches for students in the areas of STEM, humanities, performing arts, visual arts, entrepreneurship and
IF YOU WANT TO POSITIVELY IMPACT THE NEXT GENERATION, THEN ACT-SO, BY INVESTING IN OUR YOUTH TODAY, SUPPORT ACT-SO.
- Volunteer to mentor or coach
- Volunteer to serve as a category judge
- Contribute Financially
- Become a Corporate Sponsor