To perform a series of rhythmic and patterned bodily movements usually performed to music to reflect
the life of the people of a certain region or country.
- The solo performance must not exceed five (5) minutes. (Contestants not adhering to the
maximum time requirement are subject to point deduction and/or disqualification.)
- Costumes are optional, but should be appropriate to the choreography performed.
- The theme and the dance form (African, Cuban, Afro-Latin, etc.) of the performance must be
identified to the judges prior to the presentation.
NOTE: The deadline for submission of national registration documents is May 15, 2020.. No
materials or copies will be accepted after that time or at the National Competition. Contestants will be judged by the following criteria:
- Technical Proficiency/Skill (25)
➢ Alignment, strength, endurance, flexibility, coordination
- Clarity and Consistency in Style (25)
- Phrasing/Dynamics/Musicality (25)
- Clarity of Intent/Interpretation of Choreography (25)