The art of effective written, and oral presentation to persuade or inform. (This is not a dramatic
- Only one (1) speech is to be presented, and it must not exceed five (5) minutes.
- The selection of the speech is the decision of the contestant; it should be an original piece written by the contestant.
- The speech is not to be presented as a dramatic presentation.
- Costumes and props are not permitted.
- The material must be completely memorized.
NOTE: The deadline for submission of national registration documents is May 15, 2020.. No materials or copies will be accepted after that time or at the National Competition.
Contestants will be judged by the following criteria:
- Delivery (25)
➢ Speech Clarity
- Interpretation (25)
➢ Subject Adherence
➢ Logic and Color
- Platform Presence (25)
➢ Attitude and Effect
➢ Audience Engagement
- Projection (25)